Sunday, May 3, 2009

Bully in a Bath

Boss never takes bathes voluntarily--not since he figured out that soap was involved and it wasn't at all like hanging out in the wading pool. He will get in the bath, but grudgingly and he resists getting his face washed and jumps out --with suds and all if I let him--and runs around manic-like to get dry if I don't contain him in his crate. I have given Daisy a bath, but assumed she would find the process as irritating as Boss does. So, I let Daisy in the bathroom when I was taking a bath, didn't think anything as she tried to drink some water and get bubbles on her face in a cute way--Boss like bathwater too. Then, like a stealth overweight seal she slid into the bath before I could stop her. I didn't intend to bathe her at this point, but I got out and used the opportunity to clean her, soap and all--and she was fine with it. Afterwards, she even sat in a towel like she was ready to hang out--no wild running about like Boss would do. Boss seemed very curious about her whole process, like why are you doing this? I caught the aftermath in some pictures...


Daisy in a towel after the bath



Boss trying to understand Daisy's willingness to take a bath--and be in a towel





Boss: No Towel Dry like a dog!

Get off me you brute--I like my towel!--Daisy

Of course, I have no idea what was actually being communicated, if anything. Boss might have wanted to play and saw the towel as a barrier! Since this incident they have been sparring nonstop--I often think that changes in our routine throws their power dynamic into a tizzy and they have to fight out the dominance issue again. They have taken to biting each other's hind legs, like they are taking a chunk out of a turkey leg...and their mouths are raw and pink from biting. Yesterday we got our mattresses out of storage finally and they also seem to be fighting more at this change....I can hear their heavy breathing and snorting and occasionally bully yells (a cry unlike any other!) They make noises like warped Muppet's.

No comments:

Post a Comment