Monday, March 30, 2009

Monday Bulliness






I am hanging out with the two bullies on our porch amid the construction vestiges feeling the cool breeze this Monday morning. Boss and Daisy are enjoying their time outside, hanging out. Boss is scratching his back on the rough carpet on the porch while Daisy chews on a old rope toy of Boss's she found out here. Oops. She dropped in on the grass off the porch so off they went--Boss first to retrieve it. They have their leashes tied together so I can easily get to them--Boss has some issues with recall, and Daisy is still an unknown factor--and we live off a main highway. This morning I took them somewhat off leash (at least I wasn't holding the leashes) right next to the lake across from our house. There is a volleyball court area that they played in, playing fetch. Daisy is much better at the game, partly with puppy stamina and female focus. Boss plays for awhile and then sort of meanders off--almost to say, I know this game, it seems pointless, but this patch of grass is very interesting. Daisy seems to be a little better at the not pottying in the house--I am being VERY strict about the crate training but I am also being big on outside time, play-time and long walks. Probably Daisy is feeling spoiled by having all this attention and outside time and certainly it is breaking her out of her old routine. I keep reminding myself, remember when Boss was almost a year old. Two kids are on skateboards going down the hill in front of our house, making the dogs very curious...Boss more so, Daisy is back to the chew toy. It will be nice when this room gets closed in and the dogs have a nice room to sun in (and the cats too!)

1 comment:

  1. They are adorable! I will try to get over the fact that Daisy shares her name with my child
    :-)

    ReplyDelete